The European Forum for Circular Economy (EFCE) is an event created by WEBS (World Event Business Solutions) in partnership with the law firm Aklea, and aims to bring together on October 13 and 14, 2020 in Paris all the actors of the circular economy, public and private, laboratories of research as innovative companies to allow them to share and highlight their expertise, their know-how, their solutions as their feedback, to show the strength of this dynamic and their ability to carry the ambition to succeed in the ecological and energy transition.
Call for papers Deadline :March 31, 2020
10 major themes
1. Building, construction and infrastructure: organizing the sectors to promote the collection, recycling and recovery of waste, at what cost, how to limit the exploitation of natural resources and promote eco-design, how to contribute to carbon neutrality
2. Plastic: how to limit its impact, recycle it, recover it and reduce its production
3. Agriculture, from farm to fork: meeting new needs, new expectations of consumers, setting up new circuits to better enhance agricultural production, food cities and urban farms : how to move from myth to reality, how to contribute to carbon neutrality
4. Industrial, manufacturing and textile production: optimizing resource management, ensuring the independence of the EU over strategic natural resources, limiting the impact on natural resources, ensuring the development of industrial ecology and the economy functionality, moving the production to the local and territorial levels, finding new logics of intra and intersectoral cooperation to respond to mass markets, defining the value, the quality and the guarantee for recycled products, and finding the way to contribute to carbon neutrality
5. Waste electrical and electronic equipment: the role of eco-organizations, the development of repair and reuse activities, the opportunity to develop the design of new products from recycled materials
6. Circular economy and energy recovery: the field of possibilities, finding the required conditions to be successful in this development, identifying the challenges and prospects
7. Household waste: innovations to optimize collection and better value flows
8. Territories and circular economy: how to promote new forms of partnership between all stakeholders, what governance to adopt to act from local to national, what place for industrial ecology, what solutions to promote their resilience and ensure sustainable supply
9. Digital: the essential tool to promote the development of the circular economy
10. The EPR: the miracle solution to ensure recycling and recovery on a large scale
Our first EFIB news of this year is a The first EFIB News o of the year is to remind you the events in which we will participate and we trust that are of your interest: Bern, Colombia. Alicante …SW Bioengineering as a tool for the challenges we face. Important challenges, therefore we think in joining forces with other organizations, to be able to move forward and as the motto of the SER congress in Alicante says work together towards a new green deal for Europe’s Nature!
Paola Sangalli-EFIB President
SAVE THE DATE 13rd and 19th JUNE 2020
5th International Conference on Soil, Bio-and Eco-Engineering
EAs in the preceding SBEE conference series, we will bring together researchers, practitioners, geotechnical and civil engineers, biologists, ecologists, geomorphologists and foresters to discuss current problems in soil-resource sustainability, soil erosion and slope-stability research, and how to address these problems using soil, bio- and eco-engineering techniques. The Verein Für Ingenieurbiologie with the European Federation of Soil and Water Bioengineering collaborates whit the School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences HAFL of the Bern University of Applied Sciences.
SAVE THE DATE: 12th European Conference on Ecological Restoration SERE2020!
31st AUGUST – 4th SEPTEMBER 2020
A NEW GREEN DEAL FOR EUROPE’S NATURE
Science and political action towards socio-ecological restoration
The organizing committee and the University of Alicante welcome you to the 12th European Conference on Ecological Restoration SERE2020! Between August 31 and September 4 2020, we will discuss challenges facing ecological restoration in post-2020 Europe, and particularly, how can ecological restoration promote the recovery of damaged, degraded and destroyed socio-ecological systems in these critical times.
The European Federation of Soil and Water Bioengineering and the Spanish member AEIP Asociación Española de Ingeniería del Paisaje, collaborate in this evente and wil organize some activities around the Soil and Water Bioengineering and the ecological restoration, that will be announce soon. The members of AEIP and EFIB will have a special price to attend at this conference. We wait for you abstract.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The period of abstract submission for Oral presentations and Posters is now open for the SERE2020 Conference, to be held between August 31 and September 4, 2020 in Alicante.
The Scientific Committee invites and encourages all authors to submit their abstracts for consideration and inclusion in the Scientific Programme.The online platform for abstract submission will be open until 17th April.
Another international moment for EFIB members in the direction of Urban Water & Soil Bioengineering was the third International Conference of GU, Green Urbanism, of IEREK in Tor Vergata University (Rome, 11-13 December) discussing the importance of Sustainable Development by providing solutions towards zero-waste cities.
This the will of Chairman of the Conference Prof. Ferdinando Trapani that with the Italian Gioia Gibelli (IALE member and keynote speaker in Rome) got two of the International Award for Liveable City.
One of the 10 Session, Sustainable Infrastructure and Mobility, has been coordinated by our Member Gianluigi Pirrera.
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE FOR SOIL BIOENGINEERING IN MAIKOP ON-LINE
The 3-d international on-line Conference held the last 19th december was very successful .Besides the Maikop university participants, there were also participants from Azerbaijan, the Ukraine, Belarus, Armenian and Russia.
This event counted with the participation of the President of EFIB Dr. Paola Sangalli, Dr. Hans Peter Rauch from Wien University of Natural Sciences (Institute of soil bioengineering and landscape planning); Dr. Gianluigi Pirrera, Vize-President of AIPIN (Italy) and t Prof. Georges Em Aoun from Agrarian Lebanon University participate. We want to thank the rectorate of the Maykop State Technological University and specially our Colleghe Elena Brazalina for the support and the organization.
V COLOMBIAN CONGRESS AND VI IBEROAMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN CONGRESS OF ECOLOGICAL RESTORATION
Integrating knowledge from the mountains to the seas
Santa Marta (Colombia)
The V Colombian Congress and VI Ibero-American and Caribbean Congress of Ecological Restoration 2020 “integrating knowledge from the mountains to the seas” is a space open to representatives of entities, communities, technicians, professionals, researchers, consultants and students from different disciplines of the field of the Ecological Restoration of Colombia and Latin America.
Gesellschaft für Ingenieurbiologie e.V. am 23. und 24. Mai 2019 in Meerbusch am Rhein statt. Beschreibung und Anfahrtsskizze unter: http://www. rheinhotel-meerbusch.de . Anmeldung Bis zum 3. Mai 2019 bei: Gesellschaft für Ingenieurbiologie e.V. Eynattener Straße 24 F
52064 Aachen, Telefon 0241 – 77227, Fax 0241 – 71057, E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
7-8 settember 2017 The Glasgow Caledonian University in collaboration with the European Federation of Soil and Water Bioengineering inside the ECOMED Erasmus + project . call for papers. More information in www.efib.org
ransboundary net meeting di EUROPARC si svolgerà nell’Ecoregione Transfrontaliera Alpi Giulie che comprende i Parchi nazionale del Triglav e regionale delle Prealpi Giulie.. Nell’ambito di tale evento il 7 giugno p.v. si terrà a Trenta (Slovenia) una sessione plenaria dedicata al rapporto fra Parchi e cambiamenti climatici ed alla presentazione di buone pratiche in corso in alcune aree protette transfrontaliere. invitation plenary session
Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre, Brussels Wednesday 5th July 2017. Climate change poses one of the greatest anthropogenic threats to modern life across the globe. The risks include biodiversity loss, ocean acidification, meteorological extremes, instability of global food systems, floods, droughts, and the irreversible modification of our living environment. Despite Europe’s rhetorical commitment to fighting climate change, the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) estimates that surface temperatures are projected to rise over the 21st century under all assessed emission scenarios. Furthermore, the European Environment Agency estimates that the total reported economic damage caused by climate-related extremes in Europe over the last four decades is close to 400 billion Euros. Thus, mitigating climate change is now a political and economic necessity, despite a recent rise of climate-sceptic governance and severe disagreement on how the costs of mitigation will be distributed. It is imperative that the EU steps up with ambitious targets and becomes a world leader in an inclusive energy transition. This international symposium will provide delegates with an invaluable opportunity to assess Europe’s approach to tackling climate change and discuss possible pathways for innovation, adaption and mitigation. The event will also enable delegates to share best practice and knowledge on strategies for an inclusive and socially responsible transition to clean energy sources. The conference will support the exchange of ideas and encourage delegates to engage in thought-provoking topical debate. Flyer